Spice It Up: Zesty Sausage Breakfast Burrito
November 16, 2015
In the mornings, people either want to keep sleeping until noon or to get up and be productive. There’s no better way to energize your body with the protein of a zesty breakfast burrito. Keep in mind you can always add your own style and likes to the recipe, this acts simply as a base of what you can do.
To make this zesty breakfast burrito for two you’ll need:
- two smoked sausages
- 1/2 cup of cooked, diced and peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup of canned chopped green chilies
- a dash of pepper
- two eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- two flour tortillas
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, move onto the cooking process.
- Chop or crumble the sausage into a skillet and let it cook over medium heat until it’s no longer pink. Remove sausage and set it aside for now.
- In the same skillet, sizzle the potatoes, chilies and pepper. Return the sausage to the pan and add eggs. Fry until the eggs are completely set.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese for a gooey delight. Spoon the eggs onto the warm tortillas. Fold in bottom and sides of tortilla and roll up.
And you’ve now completed making spice-filled breakfast burritos that will brighten up your morning and make your day a little zestier.