Cooking With Morgan: Eggs Benedict
December 8, 2016
Welcome to Cooking with Morgan, a cooking series where I share some of my favorite recipes. This week in my blog I’m going to share a super savory recipe for a go to breakfast of Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise sauce when I have a little extra time!
For the toast
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pieces of ham (thickly cut)
- 2 pieces of bread
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Hollandaise Sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- A pinch of salt
For the toast
- Put two pieces of toast in the toaster until golden brown.
- Place two pieces of thickly sliced ham onto a pan and cook until seared.
- To poach eggs, put a large pot with boiling water onto medium high heat.
- Add 1/2 a cup of vinegar to the water.
- Wait for the water to boil.
- When the water is boiling gently crack two eggs gently into the water.
- Wait 2 minutes for eggs to cook (outside will be white, but yolk will still be runny).
- Assemble the eggs Benedict with toast, ham eggs and then sauce.
For the Hollandaise sauce
- Whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl until it has thickened.
- Place the mixture into a saucepan on medium heat and continue to whisk.
- Slowly pour in melted butter and continue whisking.
- Add a pinch of slat and the sauce is complete. Drizzle it over your toast!