MidKnight Snacks: Pumpkin muffins
September 14, 2018
Fall is just around the corner, and Florida has finally started to cool down to the point where baking no longer makes your house hotter than the sun. Because it is fall, pumpkin-flavored foods are everywhere: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice Oreos, even pumpkin spice Cheerios. So, I might as well join the trend and make pumpkin muffins.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large can (29 oz) of pumpkin
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- mini muffin tin
- 1 large bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Fill the mini muffin tin about 3/4 way
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven, remove and let sit for 7 minutes
I’ve made muffins before, but I’ve definitely never made anything with this much pumpkin in it. Typically, I’m not a fan of pumpkin flavor but I found myself eating way too many of these muffins. This simple treat got me in the mood for my favorite season, and gave me something to share with all my friends. Well I might not make them again soon, this recipe will certainly become a must-have part of fall for me.
Staff Note: Having tried Amelia’s pumpkin muffins, we can confidently award them 5/5 Newspapers. We fought over the last one, they were so good. It felt like fall in 112.