MidKnight Snacks: strawberry Super Bowl snack
Knight Writers make a simple and easy Super Bowl treat
February 1, 2021
Every year, my family loves to create cute little football themed snacks for our Super Bowl party. This year, with the Bucs in the bowl, I wanted to add a hint of red into the snack. A couple of friends and I decided to make chocolate covered football strawberries. I am terrible at both baking and cooking, but this was relatively easy and quick.
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate flavored melting wafers
- 1 carton of strawberries
- 1 tube of Crocker’s white decorating cookie icing
- Put 1 1/2 cups of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Flavored Melting Wafers into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl into the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Check if the chocolate has melted and if not place the bowl back into the microwave in 15 second increments until it is fully melted.
- Dip strawberries into bowl until fully covered with chocolate.
- Place strawberries onto a plate and wait until the chocolate has hardened—it will take 2 to 5 minutes.
- After the chocolate has hardened, use the white icing to design the strawberry to look like a football.
The strawberries turned out really well! They were super easy to make. I recommend putting the strawberries into the fridge before you eat them because it totally improved the taste. Next time, I would use white chocolate to add the football designs. The cookie icing was good, but it did not mold with the chocolate and strawberry as well as I thought it would. But, these strawberries are a must have at any Super Bowl party.
Ella Wertz is a senior and the News and Features Editor of RHSToday and Knight Writers. This is her second year as an editor and third year on the staff....