This Week in Entertainment: 3/22

Isabel Hanewicz, RHStoday Editor-in-Chief

Read up on this week’s biggest entertainment happenings in the Tampa Bay Area with this weekly breakdown by Isabel Hanewicz. For more information on an event, click on its title.

Tuesday, March 22: Dark Wave Yoga

For yogis looking for a change in their normal routine, Dark Wave yoga is for you. The class, which starts at 7:15 p.m., is set to dark musical soundtrack with songs from genres such as gothic rock, synthpop and tri-hop. Class costs $12, although students and military get in for $10 and is located at Seminole Heights’ Tempus Projects (4636 N. Florida Ave, 33603).

Thursday, March 24: “Much Ado About Nothing”

Tampa Shakespeare Festival starts their second season now through April 3 with performances of Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing” and  “Richard III” on alternating nights. Performances begin at 6 p.m. except on Sundays, when they start at 2 p.m., at Tampa’s Water Works Park (1710 N. Highland Ave., 33602).

Friday, March 25: Greek Independence Day

In honor of Greek Independence Day, Little Greek restaurants in the Bay area are offering customers a free mini Greek salad with char-grilled chicken. In order to cash in on the free food, though, one has to wear a toga to one of the ten nearby locations.

Saturday, March 26: Tampa Bay Pride Parade

Tampa’s Pride Parade comes to Ybor for the second year, centered around Centennial Park. About 15,000 are expected to flood Ybor’s streets for the parade, which starts at 7th Avenue and Nuccio Parkway and ends at the intersection of 7th and 20th street. The celebrations will include Ybor’s Saturday Morning Market, arts and crafts vendors and an entertainment stage.

Sunday, March 27: Easter Festivities

Easter celebrations take place throughout the area Sunday. If you celebrate, here are a few options.

Easter Brunch: For those looking to eat out, Open Table offers a list of restaurants offering Easter brunch in the Tampa area. Plan to make reservations and book early, as restaurants will be busy.

Musical Easter Service: Hyde Park Methodist Church (500 W. Platt Street, 33606) offers a free Easter service to music from choir to modern at 8 a.m. Sunday morning.

Sunrise Service: Tampa’s Water Works Park (1710 N. Highland Ave., 33602) will host a 6:30 a.m. service with free music for those wishing to catch the sunrise on Easter.

Easter at the Aquarium: The Florida Aquarium (701 Channelside Drive, 33602) offers various Easter-themed activities for visitors Sunday including a scuba-diving Easter bunny, an easter egg hunt for the little ones and photo-ops with the Easter bunny. Easter activities are included with admission. Tickets are $23.95 for adults, $20.95 for seniors and $18.95 for kids 2-12, and kids under 2 are free.