GooGoo for GaGa

GaGa plays the piano during the concert

GaGa plays the piano during the concert

GaGa plays the piano during the concert

Abigail Meyer, Staff Writer

As the clock counted down the arena got darker and darker, fans screeching with excitement as they waited for Lady Gaga to come on stage. When the clock got to one minute the screen went blank and everyone looked around the arena, confused and impatient. The clock on the screen came back on and the crowd began to count down “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…” and then all of the lights shut off. It was the moment that everyone had been waiting for.

Gaga comes from under the stage, of course in one of the coolest outfits I have ever seen, and starts off the concert with the song “A-YO” from her newest album Joanne, which has been nominated for two different Grammy Awards. I think this song was the best song to start the concert off with because it shows two sides of Lady Gaga, her new cowgirl side and crazy Gaga.

After “A-YO” she performed a quick costume change and the crowd got quiet, then the background music for one of her hit songs “Poker Face” came on and the crowd went wild. Gaga definitely has the best pokerface I have ever seen and is also one of the best singer/songwriters I have ever seen perform.

Gaga had over 15 different costume changes throughout the show and she managed to do them within seconds, with the help of her staff of course. Gaga is known for being an amazing performer and she did not disappoint the 15,500 people there with four different stages, amazing backup dancers, and of course, her incredible ability to play almost every instrument.

This was one of the most interactive concerts I’ve ever been too, including things like Lady Gagas’ Born This Way Foundation photo booth and lots of information on how to get involved in making a difference and inspiring bravery.

Gaga herself was also very interactive with her fans, picking certain people from the crowd and having conversations with them. One fan in particular was a man who wrote her a note, which Gaga read out loud to the whole crowd. All I could think was “wow, she probably just made that person’s life”.

She ended the concert with the song “Million Reasons”, which is also from her newest album Joanne. She did an excellent job of playing the piano while singing “Million Reasons”. It was possibly the best way to end the show as she laid on the piano and it sank underneath the stage, leaving everyone still in awe of what had been such an amazing show.