Blind Tiger proves to be an eye-opener

A review on the new Soho cafe---The Blind Tiger

Staffer Nathalie Monroy reviewed the Blind Tiger on South Howard and ordered the Café Caramel iced latte and Original Acai Bowl.

Photo N. Monroy

Photo N. Monroy

Nathalie Monroy, Staff Writer

This review goes out to all the coffee lovers. And if you’re not one, this just might change your mind.

Blind Tiger Cafe just opened up their new location on South Howard, right in front of Green Lemon and next to Zoe’s Kitchen. This small, urban cafe is the perfect place to get away from work or school. As soon as you enter you feel a certain vibe that makes you feel sophisticated yet relaxed at the same time. They offer high quality brews, food and pastries that, as they would put it, “is so good it should be illegal!”

From past experience I knew not to order a cappuccino (click here to read my last review of Chocolate Pi), so I wasn’t sure what to order. But the staff generously offered to answer any questions I may have. With their help, I decided to choose the Cafe Caramel, a cold latte, and their Original Acai Bowl. I’ve never had an acai bowl, so I was excited to try something new.

The Cafe Caramel was actually pretty good—the coffee flavor didn’t overpower the caramel or make it overly bitter, which made it a perfect balance of flavors. To be honest, I liked it better than my daily Dunkin Donuts iced coffee.

But my favorite was the acai bowl. It was way better than I expected. The fruit tasted so fresh and made such a great combination with the acai. The acai was blended to order with strawberries, blueberries, and your choice of non-dairy milk. It was then topped with granola, strawberries, bananas, and an agave drizzle. Every spoonful was flavorful.

Overall, I loved it and I will definitely be going back. The ambiance was relaxing, the service was hospitable and the food was delightful.

If YOU GO:

Address: 934 S. Howard Ave.
Tampa, FL 33606

Hours: Monday-Friday and Sunday from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. and on Saturdays from 5 a.m to 3 p.m.

Website: https://www.blindtigercafe.com

Nathalie Monroy, Staff writer
Nathalie is a junior and this is her first year as a staff writer. Outside of reporting, she likes taking frequent naps.