Things to do on Valentine’s Day
February 5, 2020
Need something to do on Valentine’s Day? Need something fun to do with your valentine or even your friends? Here are a few options in Tampa and some options other places if you wanted to go all out. Whether you’re into the baking, shopping, amusement rides, food or artsy activities, these are all options that aren’t super expensive and are really fun.
- On thing to do on Valentine’s Day is to enjoy the Florida State Fair. There are thrilling amusement rides, animals all over, entertaining games and, of course, the odd food that a lot of people like. Adults (12 and up) are $11 Monday through Thursday at the gate, $13 Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the gate. Children (6-11) are $6 Monday through Thursday at the gate $7 Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the gate. Seniors (55 and up) are $9 at the gate only on February 11-15. Children ages 5 and under are free. The Any Day Ride Armband is $30 in advance, $35 at the gate (any day of the fair). The fair starts on February 6th and ends on the 17th.
- Going to a museum could be a cute, romantic activity to do on Valentines day. There is the Henry B. Plant museum on Kennedy Blvd near Downtown Tampa and the Tampa Bay History Center located on 801 Old Water St. If you like art, the Tampa Museum of Art has a bunch of creative pieces inside and is located on 120 W Gasparilla Plaza right next to Curtis Hixon Park. Also located next to Curtis Hixon Park is the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts if you are into photography.
- At North Straub Park in St. Petersburg there is a unique French Fry Festival staring at 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm. There are over 30+ food trucks with french fry inspired dishes. If you’re not into fried potatoes, the food trucks also have their normal cuisines and live music. It is a two day festival so if you miss it on Valentine’s Day it is also hosted there on the 15th.
- A cute idea to do with your boyfriend/ girlfriend is baking. You can bake cookies, cupcakes, brownies cakes all in the Valentine’s Day theme. You could get icing and sprinkles and decorate them with unique designs.
- If you and your valentine are interested in extreme sports the Raymond James Stadium is hosting Motocross- Supercross at 7 pm. Ticket prices range from $15-$110.
- On February 14th, Skateworld of Tampa is hosting a Valentine skate from 8 pm to 11 pm. They are having BOGO (buy one get one free) admissions for $12. The meal deal if you bring your family is a 16″ Homemade pizza with any soft drink pitcher and 20 tokens for only $20.
- If you’re looking for a musical fun night out, the Blue Man Group is performing in Orlando at Universal Orlando Resort. Prices for seats range from around $28 to $106.
- Hyde Park could be a simple date place. It has cute shops, restaurants and dessert places. Hyde Park has shops including Vineyard Vines, Lululemon, Francesca’s and Downtown Dogs. For restaurants, they have Goody Goody Burgers, Irish 31 Pub House and Eatery, Bartaco and Timpano Italian Chophouse. Hyde Park also has a few dessert places including Sprinkles that has cupcakes, cookies and icecream.
- Something else that is a fun activity in Hyde Park is Color Me Mine. You can create a special gift that is truly perfect for your valentine. Painting is fun and relaxing while spending quality time with your favorite person.
- Game Time in Ybor city has entertaining electronic games, big-screen TVs & comfort food. It would be a fun place for you and your valentine to go and spend some fun, quality time together.
*number’s eight and nine are within walking distance of each other if you want to do more than one activity*
Lindsey Chadwick is a Sophomore Staff Writer for the Knight Writers and RHSToday. She enjoys playing sports, especially softball and flag football.