Jams perfect for summer time
Listen to this playlist to get you in the summer mood.
May 14, 2020
Summer is right around the corner, with just two weeks left of online learning. Even if some people don’t think online learning is as hard as regular school, you are probably still ready to get your summer on. With being stuck inside for almost three months, getting out of your house is most likely your number one priority when everything opens back up. Here is a summer playlist that will be fun to play at the beach, the pool, a small road trip, hanging with friends or just to listen by yourself.
- “I Love Rock ‘N Roll” by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts: I chose “I Love Rock ‘N Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts because it gives you that old summer feeling. Even though it came out before I was born, I still know the song and I love jamming out to it. Make sure to turn this up extra loud so it gives the full summer effect and people can sing along with you.
- “Toosie slide” by Drake: I chose “Toosie slide” by Drake to add to this playlist because it is really catchy and makes you want to dance. Drake’s voice is so smooth it makes you fall in love with the beat, making you dance like you never could before.
- “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” by Jake Owen: I really enjoy listening to country and I think country songs are perfect for summer. Blaring “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” when you’re on a boat or in your car with the windows rolled all the way down really puts you into a different mood. With a big strum of the guitar, Owen creates the perfect summer song.
- “American Kids” by Kenny Chesney: I can’t even begin to start to describe how beyond awesome Chesney is when he sings this song. It is so catchy and if you know the words, you are definitely singing them at the top of your lungs. “American Kids” is a great song to jam to with your friends and it is perfect for this playlist because it gives you a summer type vibe that can never get overplayed.
- “Blinding Lights” by The Weekend: “Blinding Lights” doesn’t exactly remind me of summer but I chose it because the tempo of it allows for a great way to let everything you’ve been holding onto go; all the stress can be let go since it’s now summer. I can see me and my friends at the beach vibing to The Weekend and just having a great time together.
- “Written in the Sand” by Old Dominion: “Written in the Sand” is perfect for summer. The lead singer Matthew Ramsey’s smooth voice allows for a soothing, relaxing environment. I chose “Written in the Sand because it is great for summer time while you are chilling by the pool or on the beach.
- “House Party” by Sam Hunt: “House Party” has an upbeat tone and Hunt’s voice gives you a burst of energy to get on your feet and start dancing with your friends. Hunt is my favorite country artist so I had to put one of his songs on this playlist. “House Party goes along perfectly with the summer vibe.
- “I Like It” by Cardi B, Bad Bunny, and J Balvin: “I Like it” was added to the playlist because the upbeat feeling of Cardi B is just what you need to hype you up for summer, if you are not in the mood already. I don’t really like Cardi B but “I Like it” makes me forget who is singing it as I dance all my school worries away.
- “Friday Night” by Eric Paslay: Paslay perfectly captures the emotion I feel during summer. Not only are Friday nights when I have the most fun, but during summer, every night is like a Friday night. The rhythm and beat of “Friday Night” really reminds me of summer, which is why I added it to the playlist. Country songs make for the best summer jams.
- “Homegrown” by Zac Brown Band: “Homegrown” is not my favorite song on the playlist but it is still super catchy. The combination of their voices get the point of the song across while allowing you to relax and dance your stress away. Again, as I said before country songs just have that summer mood. The words and the strumming of the guitar eases all my concerns making it a great choice for this playlist.
Lindsey Chadwick is a Sophomore Staff Writer for the Knight Writers and RHSToday. She enjoys playing sports, especially softball and flag football.