Interact Rings in Spirit of Giving

Cash Heath

As we all know, the winter season is often associated with giving back. This year one of Robinson High School’s service clubs is giving back in a big way. The Interact club has recently picked up on a service project which helps bring funds to the Salvation Army. We’ve all seen them, whether it is in front of a supermarket or just along the roadside, cheerful volunteers dressed for the holiday spirit, ringing bells in hopes of a donation for their red bucket. The Interact club’s Vice President Andrew Fuentes (‘13) believes everyone should come out and support the cause. “Anyone can help,” said Fuentes. “Even if you’re not involved with Interact, we partner with other programs too.” The Interact club plans to host the festive charity event all the way through the holiday season. You can see the Interact club at various Publix supermarket locations. The money donated goes to the Salvation Army to help families in need. “This experience has helped me to learn communications skills and has made me have more consideration for others,” said Fuentes. The Interact club encourages everyone that is interested in helping or attending to visit Dawn McPeak in Room 108 after school for additional information.