Winter Concert

Gabriela O'Brion, Staff Writer

On December 17, at seven in the evening, the Robinson Orchestra and Band joined together for the Winter Concert. They each played a medley of Holiday songs, including Hanukah Holiday, Sleigh Ride, Greensleeves, as well as Christmas Rock.

“It was a great way to start the Holiday season, bring some spirit,” said Justin Marquez (’17).

The Orchestra and Band students collaborated for the first time this year. The Concert began with the Band students playing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and finished with the Orchestra students playing Jupiter-Bringer of Jollity. The students rehearsed together to prepare for the concert.

“I felt that this was really good. We all played the best we ever have before,” said Justin Suarez (’17).

Students taking part in the concert had the option to wear a Holiday themed hat of their choice. The audience saw many different hats including the normal red and white Santa hat, to Reindeer Antlers.

“My outfit was really boring and I wanted to make it pretty. [The hats] made the atmosphere more exciting,” said Alyssa Larrinaga (’17).

Although admission to the concert cost nothing, after the students finished playing, a hat was passed around in the audience to collect donations. The money that was raised goes to benefit the programs’.