Dense Fog Advisory for Bay Area
December 16, 2014
A dense fog advisory will be in affect until 11AM today, according to the National Weather Service. The fog will lessen visibility to a quarter mile or less, and in some areas will be close to zero.
Tips for Driving in Dense Fog
1. Drive slower than normal since visibility is reduced
2. Make sure to use low beam headlights.
3. Keep a larger distance between cars than normal since reaction time will be slower.
4. Use windshield wipers and a defroster (if you have it) to clear your windows.
5. Signal early to warn other vehicles, and try not to slam on brakes.
6. If you can’t see at all, pull over.
Isabel Hanewicz is a senior at Robinson High School and is the editor-in-chief of RHStoday. She was named the 2014 Emerging Young Journalist of the Year...