Applications for Homecoming Court now available
September 20, 2016
Neon Knights, this year’s homecoming dance, will be held Oct. 22 at District 3 Arts and Events Venue. With the dance just around the corner, applications are now open for Homecoming Court. All grade levels are permitted to be a part of the court. The application fee is $10, cash or money order only, due Sept. 28 at 3 p.m.
Students applying for Homecoming Court must meet the following requirements:
- minimum GPA of a 2.0
- be in appropriate grade level homeroom (no failed grades)
- prove they are debt-free by getting a signature from the bookkeeper
- attend the after school Coronation Ceremony on Oct. 14 at 3:10 p.m., as well as the official Coronation Ceremony on Oct. 21 at 6 p.m.
- attend the Homecoming Game on Oct. 21 with their own sash or crown
- and, of course, attend the Homecoming Dance.
Candidates will be chosen through an online poll from Oct. 5 to Oct. 7. All campaigning, such as signs, must be approved through Assistant Principal for Student Affairs Niki Lockett.
The Outer Court will be announced on Oct. 11. The Inner Court will be revealed at the Coronation Ceremony and will be made up of three senior finalists for King and Queen, one junior for Prince and Princess, one sophomore for Duke and Duchess and one freshman for Count and Countess.
Students interested in applying should pick up applications in the Guidance Office starting Wednesday, Sept. 20.
Leana Pustam is a senior in IB. She enjoys swimming, playing lacrosse and listening to music when she's not in school. She is a part of many clubs, including...
Charlotte Rose is a member of the 2017 class at Robinson High School. She was born in Liverpool, England and moved to Tampa at the age of seven. In her...