Honor veterans with these 2017 Veterans Day events

Nathalie Monroy, Staff Writer

Every year you can count on businesses and organizations to set up events and celebrations to honor and celebrate our country’s veterans. This year’s Veterans Day is no exception.

RHStoday has rounded up some of the events and special offers happening in Tampa this weekend to honor and celebrate veterans.

Parades

For the locals, there will be the 53rd Annual Veterans Day Tribute hosted by the City of Tampa, which will salute all military men and women at the Veterans Memorial Park and Museum on Saturday, November 11 at 11 a.m.

And for those who aren’t spending the day in Tampa, there will be a Veterans Day observance hosted by the City of Temple Terrace at 11 a.m. on Saturday, November 11, which will be held at Woodmont Avenue. In Lakeland, the Polk County Veterans Council will host parade with festive activities for friends and family, it will be located at 141 Lake Beulah Drive.

Attractions

There will also be various restaurants and attractions that will be offering deals and freebies for all veterans.

The Florida Aquarium will offer all active or retired duty military free admission with a guest. The Florida Holocaust Museum is also offering free admission to all veterans on Saturday, November 11. Busch Gardens offers military members and their families 50% off admission at their parks.

Restaurants

Many local and national restaurants offer free meals and or special items to active duty and veteran military members this weekend. Most of the special offers are offered to the military member but students you might be able to convince your military parent to head out to one of these restaurants for a meal. Veterans could spend the whole day eating at different establishments for free.

Veterans, start off at the Village Inn for a free breakfast and end the meal with a free coffee and a doughnut from Krispy Kreme or head to Dunkin’ Donuts for a free donut.

For lunch, head to Buffalo Wild Wings where you can receive a free order of wings and fries or to Zoes Kitchen for a free meal.

For dinner, Applebees, Chilis and Olive Garden are offering all veterans a free meal.  Red Lobster, will offer a free appetizer or dessert to all veterans and active duty service members. Outback Steakhouse will offer veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion.

Finish the night off at Yogurtology where veterans receive a free frozen yogurt.

Nathalie Monroy, Staff writer
Nathalie is a junior and this is her first year as a staff writer. Outside of reporting, she likes taking frequent naps.