5 Reasons You Should Be Excited for Fall
September 23, 2015
September 23 is the first day of fall.
The days are becoming shorter, the nights are becoming longer, and 98 degree highs are no longer on the forecast.
Fall in Florida is anything but typical, so we won’t be jumping into leaf piles anytime soon. But there are still reasons to get pumped about the Autumn season:
- Those comfy sweaters that have been collecting dust in your closet? You can actually wear them now without melting.
- Starbucks has brought back the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Disclaimer: by ordering one of these, you run the risk of being called a “typical white girl.” Worth it, though.
- Every Saturday, you can binge watch college football. And then you can do it all over again the next day with the pros.
- If football isn’t your thing, Major League Baseball playoffs take place throughout the month of October.
- Finally, the holidays are coming up. This means presents, candy, and getting to see your family. And who doesn’t love that?
Summer may be over, but fall still has plenty to offer.
Isabel Giovannetti is a senior at Robinson High School. She loves politics and is part of the Mayor's Youth Leadership Council.