Hot new fall book releases

Fall is a busy time for book releases, and a lot of Young Adult books that people have been buzzing about all summer will finally be hitting shelves soon.

Alanna Felton, A&E Editor

Fall is a busy time for book releases, and a lot of Young Adult books that people have been buzzing about all summer will finally be hitting shelves soon. Here are some of the most talked about upcoming YA releases.

Warcross by Marie Lu
Lu has already achieved bestseller status with her Legend and Young Elites series, and Warcross, which follows a teenager hacker who goes undercover in a virtual reality video game competition, may be her biggest hit yet. Young Adult Sci-Fi is overrun with clichéd dystopian dramas, and a diverse read exploring the possibilities of VR technology sounds both timely and refreshing. Out 9/12.

Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
Moxie garnered a lot of attention this summer, and has already been optioned for film by Amy Poehler’s production company, so I can easily see it blowing up. The tale of a girl who starts a feminist revolution at her small-town high school, Moxie sounds perfect for readers looking for contemporary YA fiction that touches on current issues. Out 9/19

The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

Leigh Bardugo is returning to the Grishaverse with a collection of fairytales and folklore set in the world of her Six of Crows and Grisha books and featuring illustrations by Sara Kippin. The lavish nineteenth-century Europe-inspired setting of the Grishaverse has plenty of room for exploration, and given Bardugo’s knack for gorgeous wordsmithing, The Language of Thorns is sure to be a magical, captivating read for fans and newcomers alike. Out 9/26.

Renegades by Marissa Meyer
Meyer is has shown herself to be a master at putting sci-fi twists on classic fairytales with her Lunar Chronicles series, now she is taking on the superhero genre in the upcoming Renegades. Superheroes are everywhere in current popular culture, and it will be interesting to see an author so adept at making classic archetypes her own writing about them. Out 11/7.