Baseball: Knights Take Down Spoto 8-0

Bailey Adams, Sports Reporter

After an intense 1-0 loss at Jesuit last Friday night, the Knights continued district play on Tuesday at home against Spoto.

Patrick Kiszla (’15) got the start, continuing to dominate opposing hitters early on in his junior season. He hurled 5 2/3 shutout innings while allowing just 1 hit and picking up 11 strikeouts. He held a no-hitter entering the fifth inning, but a leadoff single, the lone hit he allowed, broke it up.

Robinson pounded out eight runs on just five hits, but took advantage of Spoto’s miscues. The Knights scored two in the first inning, one in the second, one in the third, and four more in the sixth to give the pitchers plenty of room to work with on Tuesday afternoon. The offense was led by hits from Charlie Cole (’14), Matthew Steckel (’16), and Nathan Doherty (’15). Cole had the biggest day of the three, collecting three hits in four at-bats while also walking once.

Neil Ordorica (’16) finished off the sixth with a strikeout after Kiszla’s departure. Michael Tini (’16 ) followed with a scoreless seventh to cap off the district win.

With the win, the Knights improve to 3-3 on the year and 1-1 in district play. They next take the field at 11 a.m. Saturday when they host Freedom.