Robinson Hangs On Late For 10-8 Win Over Freedom

In their non-district game with Freedom on Saturday morning, Robinson got out to an early lead in the first. The Knights picked up four runs in the inning, highlighted by a 2-run single from Jack White (’15). White had a nice day at the plate, also connecting for a double in the third before being walked in the fourth.

Tommy Craparo (’15) got the start for Robinson, lasting five solid innings, giving up just two runs on three hits while striking out three.

The Knights appeared to blow the game open in the third, already leading 4-2. Another four-run frame extended the lead to 8-2, keyed by a RBI double from Nathan Doherty (’15) , followed later by a 2-run single from Matthew Steckel (’16).

Mitchel Chowning (’15) saw some work in the sixth inning before being relieved by Neil Ordorica (’16).

After Robinson scored two in the sixth to make it a 10-3 game, they ran into trouble in the seventh. A few Patriots’ hits mixed in with some Robinson errors cut the lead all the way to 10-8, before Shawn McGory (’16) caught a runner stealing. Ordorica then got a pop up to end the game. McGory, who came up big with the caught stealing, went two for three at the plate with two singles.

The Knights get back at it on Tuesday at home with a district game against Middleton.