• Spring Break is March 18 through 22

Knights Fall 38-0 To Jefferson In Spring Jamboree

Bailey Adams, Sports Reporter

For teams all across the state, spring football is a chance to develop players and prepare them for the upcoming season. The Robinson Knights started spring practices just a few weeks ago, which prepared them for last Saturday’s Black and White game, the team’s annual intersquad scrimmage. The culmination of spring football is the spring jamboree, which Robinson hosted on Thursday night. In a spring jamboree, two teams square off for one half before two other teams battle for the second half.

After the Plant Panthers beat the Leto Falcons in the first half of the jamboree by a score of 22-0 , the Knights stormed Jack Peters Field ready for their matchup with the Jefferson Dragons.

Jefferson struck early and often, scoring on their first two plays from scrimmage on an 80-yard touchdown pass from Randy Bradford to Taj Jenkins and a 46-yard touchdown pass from Bradford to Mondreas Lofton. Overall, Bradford completed six of his eleven passes for 263 yards and four touchdowns. Bradford’s biggest target was Maurice Moore, who caught three passes for 129 yards and two touchdowns.

Malik Tyson, who will be entering his junior year at Robinson this fall, completed ten of his fifteen pass attempts for eighty-eight yards, often finding big-play wide receiver Jahrvis Davenport, who hauled in seven passes for seventy-four yards. Davenport, who is entering his senior year this fall, already has twenty-three scholarship offers from schools around the country.

Next for the Knights will be a long period of hard work over the summer in preparation for the 2014 regular season. Robinson opens up the season on August 29 at Sickles, before hosting the Plant Panthers in their home opener on September 5.

Bailey Adams, Sports Editor

Bailey Adams is an 18-year-old senior at Robinson. He started writing about sports in May of 2013 before joining the RHS journalism staff later in the...