Preview: Robinson at Leto

Photo K. Knowlton

Bailey Adams, Sports Editor

After facing what was arguably the toughest first four games on any schedule around the state, Robinson sits at 0-4 heading into this week’s district game with the Leto Falcons. The Falcons have seen their share of struggles over the years, having not won a game on the field in three years (they have a win by forfeit).

REWIND: In their matchup at Jack Peters Field last year, Robinson downed Leto by a score of 69-0. Dakari Reynolds rushed for 111 yards and 2 touchdowns while Aivory Foster added 97 yards and 2 touchdowns of his own.

PLAYERS TO WATCH (Leto):

Jephon Chambers- Chambers, a two-way playmaker, has the speed to keep up with just about anyone on the field. So far in 2014, he has made a big impact on the defensive side of the ball, totaling 24 total tackles (15 solo), an interception, and a fumble recovery.

Marcus Palma- As a junior last season, Palma led the Falcons in all-purpose yards with 603. He, like Chambers, plays on both sides of the ball. In the first three games of his senior season, Palma has amassed 156 all-purpose yards.

PLAYERS TO WATCH (Robinson):

Jahrvis Davenport- Davenport, who committed to Maryland over the summer, is the Knights’ top target. Robinson’s passing game has struggled at times throughout the season, but the senior wide receiver has 12 catches for 148 yards and a touchdown.

Anfernee Alston- Alston continues to take the majority of the carries out of the backfield for the Knights through four games this season. Because he is only a sophomore, the experience he gains this season should set him up for a big future with the program. He has picked up 110 yards and 2 touchdowns against some of the elite teams in the area so far in 2014.

Friday’s district battle between Robinson and Leto is set to kickoff at 7:30. The game is at Falcon Stadium (4409 W Sligh Ave, Tampa, FL 33614).