St. Pete Offers More than Beaches
April 17, 2015
St.Petersburg’s close proximity to Tampa and wide range of cultural, historical, and artistic locations means that there is an abundance of cool and convenient places to go with family or friends.
1. Kilwins Candy Shop– Kilwins is a sweet place to stop for a treat. They offer ice cream, chocolate, candy apples, their signature fudge, and much more. You can take your dessert to go, or sit outside and watch downtown St.Pete.
2. Jannus Live– This cool outdoor concert venue showcases both local and well-known bands. The concerts can range in genre from grunge to pop. Unfortunately, not every concert is all ages, so you have to check online ahead of time, but Jannus has a reputation for its ability to put on a good show.
3. Dali Museum– The Dali Museum showcases one of the largest collections of Salvador Dali’s work in the world. The museum itself reflects his quirky aesthetic, with a huge sculpture of his signature mustache stretching across the lawn.
4. Museum of Fine Arts– There is so many great exhibits to see here, including a high school art section! Do not forget to stop buy the Artomat machine outside the gift shop to get some of your very own vendable art.
5. Fort Desoto Park– This nature park has enough to do for several days. It offers hiking trails, a beach, a playground and camping grounds.
6. Sunken Gardens– There are four acres of beautiful, peaceful botanical gardens to explore here. It is the perfect place to relax and take in nature.
From Robinson High School, ordered in proximity from closest to Tampa to farthest away.