Boys Soccer Lose to Steinbrenner, 8-0

Enzo Peltz defending against Steinbrenner offense.

Photo Justin Fontes

THE game last night was the toughest challenge for Knights so far this season.

The Knights played a non-district game at home last night against the Steinbrenner Warriors, who are ranked first in their district and fourteenth in the nation.

Going into the game, both of  Robinson’s goalies were injured.  Since Omar Shoubaki (’16) had back spasms and Kyle Bechakas (’16) had a concussion, Robert Weiner (’15), who usually plays defense, stepped up for the challenge of goalie.

The Warriors started off strong, and passed the ball well on offense.

Robert Weiner (’15) was not receiving the necessary help that he needed on defense.  A team member of the girls Knights soccer team stated that he looked frustrated but that he was still communicating well with his teammates.

Knights striker Jerson Camacho (’15), launched a shot at the Warriors goal, but it flew just over the crossbar.

At the end of the first half, the Warriors were up, 5-0.

In the second half, the Knights pulled the defense together and Robert Weiner (’15) was blocking a much larger portion of the shots that the Warriors were taking.

It was a back-and-forth game for awhile, but the Warriors eventually got through the defense and scored three more times to end the game on a mercy rule.

The Knights will be hosting their senior night at home next Friday, Jan. 17, against Sickles Gryphons.

About the Photographer
Justin Fontes, Yearbook Student Life Editor
Senior Justin Fontes is that kid that you see walking around with very short shorts. They are called “Chubbies” just in case you were wondering. He is the kind of person that likes to have a fun time. He’s the kind of person that is friendly to everyone. What you may not know about him...